Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My little vacation...

s
A few weeks ago, I had an opportunity to relax and unwind at the Palm Resort's Hotel Sofitel. My family and a few other families went together on this little trip.

Palm Resort consists on the Golf and Country club as well as Hotel Sofitel. I did not have chance to "explore" the Gold and country club, but I stayed at the Hotel Sofitel there for a few days. This resort is located in Senai, Johor. To know more please visit this link : http://www.palmresort.com/

I (we) arrived there rather late. Like any other hotels, I supposed, it had a big and spacious entrance. The ceiling was very high. We headed to the lobby and requested our pre-booked rooms.
I (we) placed our luggage( which was alot, even though it was only a few days...) and proceded to dinner. There were a few types of restaurants in this Hotel Sofitel.
  1. There was the bar - consists of a lounge, has heavy drinks, food, and live music(though not the best)
  2. Sobasei japanese restaurant - I did not have a chance to try this restaurant. The price person was like RM 70.00++. Too expensive for me. I don't know how the food taste tho. Might be "legendary" hehe
  3. The ishwara - Buffet (doh?)
  4. a restaurant/cafe called Cocomo - =_=" No idea. some kind of lounge/bar...
  5. Xin-shan Long - Chinese restaurant. No idea since did not try it out...
After dinner, I was hoping for some activities to do.....but, nightlife in this hotel is very limited. With my spirits dampened, I went to bed. =(

Not many things/activities to do in this place.....It was in the middle of "no where". Most,if not all, of the activities you could do in this place is :
  1. explore - just for the lulz
  2. play table tenis
  3. play pool/snooker - RM3.00 per game
  4. play carom
  5. pratice archery - RM30.00 for an hour...
  6. Bowling - the only thing that kept me from going insane on this trip
  7. Swimming - doh? All hotels have this
Basically, the activities you could do here are sports based and for the day time. Also, most of the activites here cost EXTRA cash. Furthermore, there aren't any entertainment places anywhere near this place. So, I can say that this particular resort is for relaxation. Bad news for me, 'cause I rather have entertainment > relaxation/boredom.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Official website : http://www.palmresort.com/newsletter/ver4/intro/intro.html

No comments: