Saturday, May 2, 2009

My New Computer!~!

I did mention in my previous post that I have gotten a new pc. And yeah, now I'm gonna tell you all about it.

First, on a more technical note, my new computer has :

  • Intel Core duo (C2D) E5200 @ 2.50 GHz
  • 2 GB of RAM
  • 500GB Western Digital HDD [x2]
  • Nvidia GeForce 9600GT 512MB
  • 20" Acer x203H monitor
  • LG Optical drive
  • Edifier Speakers
  • Cooler Master pc casing
  • Windows XP PRO SP3

And to sum up all that number and codes, I am getting pure AWESOMENESS!!!! I can finally play all the latest games in maxed out settings. I just played Call of Duty 4 & 5 this week and the graphics were incredible. All thanks to my hardware that is =) Now i am playing Crisis : Warhead with resolution at 1600 x 900 + Gamer graphics settings. The game is still running smooth like silk. Haven't tried the highest settings yet 'cause I do not want to decrease the lifespan of my hardware.
Another thing that is great is the widescreen monitor. I was watching "How I met your mother" the other day and the whole screen was used. It was like watching in cinema. Darn... Now I have no more reason to spent the whole RM10 on movies anymore. WOOT!

And to be honest, the whole pc didn't cost that much. The computer + the monitor was at a combined worth of SGD 900. Convert it back to the ringgit and you get RM 2100. Not a bad deal I would say. Think 'bout it, normally in catalogs, a new computer will cost at least RM 3000. And those pcs are bundled with SHITTY specifications.

I don't know if its just me or is Singapore a cheap place to shop of stuff such as clothes and tech stuff. I even bought my handphone from Singapore and it was WAY cheaper. Don't believe me? Well I bought my handphone for SGD650 or RM 1495. On the other hand, at the same time, the same phone cost RM 2250 at a shopping mall in Johor Bahru. (both were Original phone by the way).

I dunno about you guys but Singapore is great place to get lots of stuff plus there is a wide variety of things at Singapore. I supposed that is the reason the selling point of apartments, condominiums, hotels and houses here in Johor Bahru is that its 5 minutes from Singapore. LOL.
Johor Bahru is great because there is Singapore. Sounds wrong but totally true.

Anyway, enough 'bout Singapore. i HAVE TO talk about my new computer. After all, that is what the title is all about. Unfortunately, I have to return to college tomorrow, leaving behind this superbly magnificent but monstrous pc behind at home.

Well, better get back to more gaming to make up for lost time.

Tootles~

2 comments:

Fauzan said...

nice2...

how about the power supply?

Quantum Paradigm said...

You know, fauzan, I completely forgot all about the power supply. The power supply for my new pc is either 500W or 600W. My brother bought the parts for my new comp and i forgot to ask him what power supply he bought.