Friday, February 12, 2010

Driving 101



I took up driving lessons. I was reluctant at first but since I had nothing to do during the holidays, I complied with my parents.
As a person who has never driven a car, never touched a steering wheel and never got into the driver's seat, I discovered that driving was quite tiring and troublesome. Many times the car would die 'cause I released the clutch too early or I stopped the car with just the break pedal. But as time past and with a lots of practice, I somehow manage to get better. But still driving at noon at the driving school was SUPER HOT. I won't turn the air-con on since I figured the car would be more responsive but man it was hot.




I supposed I am still not good at the the damn "bukit" test. I think I got the hang of it... but I haven't perfected it yet. My driving instructor keeps on telling me to predict when and where to stop the car and not just stop any whole how. But I am predicting when to hit the brakes. Geez.... Thank god... I can do the parking and the 3-pointer perfectly. I just hope I don't screw up on the real test day.

However, I'm wondering if getting a driving licence is a priority for me. I don't really need at the moment. I supposed I'm just getting for the sake of getting it. I can still remember one question the driving teacher ask the class on the 1st day : "Kenapa mau dapat lesen memandu?"...Some answered, "Sebab kerja", "Sebab untuk kemudahan". I just sat in my seat thinking the answer out loud to myself. 'I'm getting a driver's licence because I have nothing else to do'.


Anyway, I have yet to sit for the real JPJ driving test. Most probably, I would do so during this Chinese New Year's break. I just hope I won't fail and fork out more money..... ARGHHHHHH!!!


No comments: